Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hamburglar

Me in my super sweet eye mask with Lamb-E (like Wall-E)

I have a slight insomnia problem every Tuesday morning when I try to sleep after working 12 hours Monday night.  I think I'm the only person who can stay awake 24+ hours and be dead tired yet unable to sleep.  It's led to tears, over reacting, and copious complaining.

Being the woman of action that I am, I...took action and bought an eye mask.  Not only does it block out every photon of light, but it also blocks sound (it goes all the way around your ears).  It came with a pair of free ear plugs and a warning.  If you wear earplugs with your Patented Sleep Master Mask TM you will not hear anything.  Including your alarm. 

I wouldn't go that far, but it definitely helps.  I am totally willing to deal with looking like the Hamburglar to catch a few more Zzzz's. I do have a small fear of a bed intruder or house fire sneaking up on me.  I would rather not wake up to a fire fighter hacking down my door to find me unconscious channeling Zorro.  (The mask actually does not impair my sense of smell, so maybe the smoke would wake me?)  I guess that's the price I have to pay for day time beauty sleep. All 4 hours of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment