Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In the beginning...

I heard blogging makes dreams come true. I'm not convinced. Initially I was opposed to blogging because blogs used to be described as "online diaries", which is a terrible definition. It implies that you write PRIVATE things in your diary, then PUBLISH it on the web for randos to read. What moron does that? Just give your little brother the key to your analog diary if you want public humiliation. Plus I lead a sketchy life and don't want people to know what I'm doing all the time. But it turns out that's Twitter's job, and this blog can be so much more than my daily schedule. So, when I heard blogging makes dreams come true, I decided to give it a chance. Incidentally, I hate the word "blog". It sounds offensive. Hopefully I can refer to *that word* by using a pronoun, or even the dreaded "online diary" from now on. So, I've got a web log....get ready for some unsolicited advice, complaining, personal opinions, and hopefully a rare tidbit you'll enjoy.

Oh, and where did I hear that blogging will make your dreams come true? cjane of course.

P.S. As I write this, I'm totally envisioning my high school English teacher wildly slashing through my post with her red pen. She would so disappointed at my utter lack of consideration for the English language. So disappointed that she might use the dreaded green pen. When things got really bad, she used the green pen to keep from completely destroying our egos. Dear Lord, please do not let Mrs. Moore be a blogger. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment