Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union

I just watched the State of the Union address, and much to my surprise, President Obama did not bring up the infectious plague that is sweeping across America and slowly rendering Americans' brains useless. It's addictive, highly contagious, and grows more virulent every day. By now, I'm sure you realize I'm speaking of reality TV. Dun dun duuuuunnnnnn. While MTV and E! might be the primary modes of transmission, TLC spreads a rare and severe variety of the disease titled "I'm Homeless and Pregnant." Yes, it's a real TV show. Yes it features real, live, homeless and pregnant women. No, I don't know why you would want to watch it. I'm just going to hope the producers know where the state welfare office is, understand WIC, and directed their rising stars in that direction with a big fat check and some major life skills in hand. You really do need a license to parent (or create a TV show)...but that's another post.

Also, consider helping the homeless through an organization like Jimmie Hale Mission that provides shelter and training for the homeless to help them find employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment