Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll never fall in love (with a radio station) again...

Well, it's been a while, and that's because a 12 page paper on asthma used up all my words last week and I can't type a sentence without trying to put a parenthetical citation at the end of it. It is with great sorrow that I inform you that.....

I'll Never Fall in Love Agaaiiiinnnnnn. My heart has been broken. My favorite radio station, Live 100.5, has been nixed. Citadel Broadcasting's greed came between us and Live 100.5 left me. I begged, I pleaded. But The Man wouldn't listen. Now Bert Bacharach is running through my head, and I am vowing to never fall in love (with a radio station) again.

I mourned, alone in my car, for a week. Today, I started dating again. It's a little soon, but I was getting desperate. My iTunes budget got slashed when I went back to school. So I listened to NPR. I'm not ready to hear the "BUY 1 KIA, GET 1 FREE!!!" commercials yet. Against all odds, things went well. We have another date tomorrow :)

I still won't fall in loooovvveee again, but I'll settle for infatuation or like at this point. I wonder if the right wing knows capitalism led me to the liberal NPR?

No comments:

Post a Comment